"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." -Galatians 2:20

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Back in Chi Town

So here I am, back in Chicago attempting to finish my last year as an undergrad at Moody Bible Institute.  Though excited for the new year, I feel like I wasn’t really quite ready for it.  I am still processing my summer and taking the next step towards…oh ya, I don’t know. Haha.

It’s kind of funny in a way, how for almost 7 years I have had a direction in my life, a goal, a calling from God to go to Amsterdam.  But while in Amsterdam I kept asking God “what is next?” and He kept saying “I want you to focus on now and let me worry about later because I am a better planner than you, believe it or not” :)  So I did, and soaked in every moment there.  At the end of it all I guess I figured God would make it clear to me whether or not I would go back, but He hasn’t.  What He has shown me is that He wants me to obey Him in every moment; whether He asks me to pursue a 7 year goal, or a 7 minute conversation. (By the way, if I knew I was going to have to wait 7 years, I don’t know if I would have done it! – I think God knew that).

     Being in Amsterdam and working with the different ministries and meeting all the different people there, God also showed me that I was supposed to be there not last year, or the year before that, but specifically this summer in 2011, for many different reasons.  In the really long amount of time that I had been waiting for the Lord to tell me when to go, He was preparing me with many different life experiences and things that changed and grew me into the person I am – the person He wanted to use this summer.  It really is an incredible thing to see the hand of God in retrospect and understand how “in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.” (Romans 8:28)  Every day this summer, I was able to see how something I had experienced or learned in the past was directly connected to where I was and what I was doing. (SO COOL)  At the end of this summer I saw that God incredibly blessed me for obeying Him in going there, but that His vision for my life is bigger than I can see, and He wants me to just continue obeying Him, even when I cannot see what He sees.

Now in Chicago for the past couple of weeks I have been asking God the same question…and I keep getting the same answer.  So I am focusing on the now, and I know that God will continue showing me little by little how the pieces of my past and the next steps I take will fit together somehow in the beautiful mosaic of my life that God has planned already.
Chicago + Moody + Friends = LOVE 








No comments:

Post a Comment