"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." -Galatians 2:20

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Amor en Mexico

After a great time in Amsterdam, my next stop for the summer was Mexicoooo!  Koral Donnelly – one of my really good friend’s and roommate from Moody got married on July 31st and I was truly honored to be a part of it…
Went from Amsterdam to London, Heathrow where I spent the night being moved around from one “waiting lounge” to another and getting no more than possibly 1 hour’s sleep total in the airport.  I felt awful in the morning, ate some breakfast and finally got on a plane from Heathrow to Dallas.  In Dallas my connecting flight to Phoenix was so close that I was literally sprinting through the airport and barely made it to the connecting flight to Phoenix…only to be seated behind the most annoying child that was whining/crying and pounding on the back of my chair…



I was either in an airport or an airplane for around 48 hours and then crashed at a friends house in Phoenix, and we drove a couple hours down to Mexico.  I definitely felt like death, but driving through Mexico felt like home :)

It was a small wedding, maybe 30 of Koral and Jake’s friends, all stayed in a gorgeous mansion that they rented for the weekend in Las Conchas, Mexico.  It was great hanging out with everybody, doing the Macarena at a restaurant, enjoying the beach, and even sleeping outside because it got so hot in the house because the power kept going out so we had no air conditioning (haha).  But the best part was getting to be a part of a wedding that is just so completely put together by God.  The morning of the ceremony all of us met together and worshipped in song and prayer over Jake and Koral and I definitely cried at the ceremony.  What a beautiful act of worship it is to be married, and to witness that is such a wonderful thing and a great way to end the summer.








After that, I drove back to Phoenix with friends, and then flew back to California…I feel like I spent a third of my summer on an airplane or in an airport.  Spent two weeks with the fam in Cali, and then I had to head back to Chicago for school. NUTS, I know.  This summer was awesome – but crazy.  THANK YOU SO MUCH for all your support over the past couple months, I REALLLYYY appreciate it.  Please continue to pray for me though, because I could definitely use it. ....Pictures below are of Caleb's birthday celebration, which included a pinata and sparklers from the Netherlands - priceless.










No comments:

Post a Comment