"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." -Galatians 2:20

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day #1 - Sick

Ok so here were the travel highlights, amongst the normal waiting in 3 hour lines, feeling like I’m in a grocery store line where instead of scanning the produce, they scan you, and of course, enduring peoples pathetic but entertaining attempts at pronouncing my last name (“It’s easier than it looks,” I tell them):  My first flight from LAX to O’Hair was delayed about an hour, which wasn’t bad, I actually got to talk to this nice guy on the plane and share the gospel with him.  However, the delay resulted in me literally sprinting out of the plane and through the terminal to the gate to my connecting flight from O’Hair to Amsterdam, thankfully I made it just in time.  Suprisingly enough, I got the aisle seat on the 8 hour flight and met a sweet Dutch guy that sat next to me, and heard all about his family and learned a few Dutch words on the way, score! J  The bad news is, I think I’m sick…it hit me at the end of the first flight, my throat started feeling weird, and my eyes were burning as it was because I was so tired and then I just didn’t feel right.  As each hour passed my throat hurt progressively more and my body feels like someone took a bat to it.
But my friend was at the airport to pick me up, my baggage wasn’t lost, and overall it wasn’t bad.  I am staying in an old building called De Poort, it is one of the buildings that YWAM has owned for a long time and half of it gets used by YWAM staff and the other half is rented out to a music school.  I am staying on what looks like a dorm floor, which is fun, in a room that someone is letting me use since she isn’t going to be here for a couple months.  It is THE CUTEST little room, I feel like I’m staying in the penthouse suite, definitely did not expect to be staying in a room like this, God CLEARLY wanted to bless my socks off.  Check out the pictures below!
As far as specific prayer requests, please pray that God heals me from this sickness, because I literally feel like my body got hit by a car and my throat hurts reaaaaally bad.
Stay tuned for more pictures and updates!





2 comments:

  1. YEYAH! Im so glad you are there! Praying for you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great place to stay! Praying for you, and I hope the Lord heals you soon!

    ReplyDelete